Sunday, January 30, 2011

Christmas Eve at Grandma Teeples

The Reason for The Season - Teeples Family Nativity 2010 Gracelyn as Mary, Dennison as Joseph, Sage and Jade were our angels, Hunter the Shepherd, and Cory was the Star!
Grandma Teeples did her traditional dinner of ham, smoked turkey, homemade meatballs, that Eric and Tyler count and make sure they get their fair share (& more), party potatoes, marinated mushrooms, jellos, green salad etc. etc. etc.

Every year we all make a new ornament to hang on Grandma Teeples tree! What alot of memories are hanging on that tree! We started the year that David and I were married and haven't missed a year since...so that was 1977....that is alot of ornaments for one little tree! We all love looking back at all the years! It is amazing that my sister Kathy can keep coming up with new ideas for ornaments, year after year!

Sage helped make their ornament and Jade wanted so badly to help, that I let her decorate David's and my ornament....I must say that it is the brightest, sparkliest ornament we have ever had!
My mother, Grandma Teeples got a new ride this year for Christmas! The look on her face was priceless! My brother thought she could take it south with her and ride it around the RV park. Scott got mom down to Yuma and got the trailer put up and put her on the bike...he sent me a picture on his phone one minute of mom on the bike...and just one minute later sent me another picture of her black and blue and road rash elbow of where she fell! She did get back on, but once Scott left...I really don't think she will get back on it!

Our family has made the very hard decision of breaking off from my Mom's Christmas Eve!! With twenty of us now it was just getting harder and harder for the David Webster family to find time to have our Christmas...so beginning 2011...we will do our own Christmas Eve! On the kids year off, David and I will continue to go over to Mom's and celebrate Christmas Eve!

No comments: