Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cookie/Gingerbread Night


We had our 100th annual Teeples Gingerbread/Cookie night on Monday night Dec. 21st! We had a great time eating pizza and breadsticks, frosting and eating lots of great sugar cookies, made by Amy and the kids, and the kids had a fun time decorating their gingerbread houses! Below are all the finished gingerbread houses and all the smiling happy children that made them!
Little Jake (2 yrs) wanted to sit on my lap....but he DID NOT want me to help him! He would push my hand away if I even tried to help him! The fun thing is he just had a tiny little cookie and he frosted that thing for at least 15 min.


I think that this might actually be Ricky's first stab at frosting a cookie! The rule is if you eat pizza, then you have to frost cookies....somehow all these years Ricky has gotten away without frosting cookies!

We didn't have as many cousins as usual...but those that were there enjoyed themselves!



Mom and I trying to see who could take the best (or is it worst) picture! We are both famous for closing our eyes!

My sister, Kathy's, kids came....she doesn't get here from Colorado until Wed. the 23rd....




The picture below is all of us eating pizza...thanks Grandma Teeples for the great food! I actually set up the kids tables in the laundry room....two reasons....if they spill on the linoleum, no problem...and when the noise level got out of control (which it always does) we could just shut the door! I did check my washer and dryer for leftover pizza tho'...Jake is famous for hiding his garbage in my washer!

It is really interesting watching the kids each year decorate their houses....when we first added Gingerbread houses to Cookie Night (which we have done forever) the grandkids would do just one side or two of the houses and call it good! Now they are being more creative, and adding people and chimneys and this year Bailee even added a clock to the front of her house, and Sage added shutters to the windows! They were all especially cute!


I made sugar cookies for David after our second date...way back in 1973 or 74...and sugar cookies have been a part of our Christmas since before we were married....I am pretty sure that I even sent some to Belgium while he was on his mission!


Below are all our grandkids...from oldest to youngest!

Bailee (9 in Feb)


Below is Sage 7-1/2


Below is Kenadee 7 yrs old

Hunter (below) will be 6 in Feb

***Curtis 5-1/2 yrs old somehow got deleted so I have added him

back at the top of this post*****


Miss Eliza Mae is 3 1/2 yrs old...and she was so precise in decorating her house

Jade will be 3 in January


Below is Jake, 2 1/2 yrs old


Paxton (below) who is almost 9 months old - even got to taste his first cookie!


And Baby Cohen 4 1/2 months old was just happy to be here!

2 comments:

Bangerter family said...

So cute mom! I love all of the pictures! I haven't even had time to look at mine!

Erin Webster said...

Such a fun tradition! Cute pictures!